Download and/or Print SSD’s COVID-19 Procedures
SSD Covid Hold Harmless
The novel coronavirus, COVID-19, has been declared a worldwide pandemic by the World Health Organization. COVID-19 is extremely contagious and is believed to spread mainly from person-to person contact. Sandra’s School of Dance (SSD) has put in place the aforementioned preventative measures to reduce the spread of COVID-19; however, SSD cannot guarantee that you or your child(ren) will not become infected with COVID-19. Further, attending SSD in-person classes could increase your risk and your child(ren)’s risk of contracting COVID-19.
Sandra’s School of Dance will do our part in taking temperatures, asking screening questions whenever each student arrives, and requiring masks of all individuals who enter the building, By doing this we are reducing the risk of contracting COVID-19 but we are not able to completely eliminate the risk as we are not able to control conditions for families and individuals when they are not at the school.
By signing this agreement, I acknowledge the contagious nature of COVID-19 and voluntarily assume the risk that my child(ren) and I may be exposed to or infected by COVID-19 by attending SSD in person classes, and that such exposure or infection may result in personal injury, illness, permanent disability, and death. Although SSD has taken the above-referenced measures to keep all children and parents safe, I understand that the risk of becoming exposed to or infected by COVID-19 at SSD may result from the actions, omissions, or negligence of myself and others, including, but not limited to, SSD employees, representatives, volunteers, students and their families.
I voluntarily agree to assume all of the foregoing risks and accept sole responsibility for any injury to my child(ren) or myself, including illness, death, damages, loss, claim, liability or expense of any kind, that I or my child(ren) may experience or incur in connection with my child(ren)’s attendance at SSD (“Claims”). On my behalf, and on behalf of my children, I hereby release, covenant not to sue, discharge, and hold harmless SSD, its employees, agents and representatives, of and from the Claims. I understand and agree that this release includes any Claims based on the actions, omissions, or negligence of SSD, its employees, agents, and representatives, whether a COVID-19 infection occurs before, during or after participation at SSD.
By signing you agree that your child(ren) has NOT traveled by air in the last 14 days and is NOT experiencing any of the following symptoms:
▪ No fever for 2 weeks
▪ No cough
▪ No cold/flu symptoms such as chills, muscle pain, headache or sore throat
▪ No shortness of breath
▪ No loss of smell/taste
▪ No positive COVID-19 test
▪ No close contact with someone who tested positive for COVID-19 Should your experience change at any point in time, you are obligated to notify the studio. This form must be printed, signed and turned in to SSD before your child(ren) may participate in “in person classes” starting June 8th, 2020. NO Staff or Students will be permitted without a signed Release Form
Contact Front Desk for this form prior to taking first dance class.
You must fill out a registration packet, read through these policies and sign this page before taking a class at Sandra’s School of Dance.
Tuition, Fees, and Payments
– Tuition rates are for the full season (August 15 – May 31, including studio holidays), not by the number of classes in the month. A full season includes a minimum of 34 lessons. Tuition fees are paid monthly or annually. A 5% discount is added for annual payments.
– There will be a $25 late fee assessed for monthly payments received after the 10th of the month. Late payments will be strictly enforced.
– All missed classes must be made up. NO REFUNDS, CREDIT, OR PRO-RATING WILL BE APPLIED.
– If you have special payment concerns or needs, please contact our office as soon as possible at (505) 292-0318.
– Families receive a discount for siblings.
– Dancers are encouraged to take advantage of our Multi-Class Discount, which vary by age and level, for maximum progress and value. Please refer to Class Schedule page for details.
Non-Sufficient Funds Policy
– There will be a $25 fee for returned checks/credit cards. This will be added to your bill.
Withdrawal From Class
– We DO NOT automatically drop children from classes, even if they have missed several classes. To withdraw from our school a parent must inform the office in person, by phone, or by email at [email protected]. You will be responsible for tuition until the office has been notified.
Rescheduling and Substitution
– Sandra’s School of Dance reserves the right to provide a substitute teacher if the regular teacher is ill or otherwise unable to teach. Sandra’s School of Dance reserves the right to reschedule or combine classes based on enrollment.
– Regular attendance is vital to student progress and group choreography. Please make every effort to attend each class. Students may make up any missed classes until the end of May.
– If your child needs to make-up a class, you will need to check with the office to get available class times. On the day of your make-up class please stop by the office ot get a make-up slip. This slip must be taken to the teacher in order for the student to be allowed into the lass. You have until the end of May to make up any classes missed. They do not roll over into the next session and credit will NOT be applied to other sessions.
– At Sandra’s School of Dance we go to great lengths to keep you informed and up to date.
– Email Newsletters, Facebook Posts, and Memos will be sent out periodically throughout the year.
Inclement Weather Policy
– In the event of inclement weather, a message will be left on the school’s answering machine after 2pm regarding the status of classes. An email will be sent and we will post on our school’s Facebook page. Please note that we DO NOT necessarily follow school closings as roads are often cleared by the time studio classes begin. Any cancelled classes may be made up on your own time from our regular schedule of classes.